What went well
- Morning session experiment
- Conversation was generative
- Going around the room revealed common misunderstandings about the model
- Energizing, depend understanding
- People liked the 4Q’s, hadn’t understood them before, could bring back to CEO
- Flipping learning round and cafe’s worked well
- Katie’s framing was very helpful and integration of content pieces
- Lisa did a good job of relating her topics to unlearning
- Good momentum between ITC today and DDO coming tomorrow
- Opportunity for Tamara to observe
- Food was great
What to do differently
- How to move the conversation to an organizational systems level
- Would be good for Lisa to present some content upfront, variety in format
- Should we show the video tomorrow?
- Wonder if we need a video animation for this session or focus more on the Summit since this is the third session and we won’t get to show it as a group to remind us of where we have been?
What went well
- Using video before sensemaking worked well (although day 1 for priming works better)
- Morning content went well, prompts, talking, surfaced lots of interesting ideas organically that Lisa used to leverage the content
- Lisa managed to carry 2 1/2 hours and kept people engaged
- Dave’s sensemaking was super strong again
- Having a working relationship with Lisa came through in terms of her commitment to work with us
- Great lunch
- New voices were strong
What should we consider changing
- Wonder about how we get people to more of a maker mindset rather than just conversational forum. For example, group designs a DDO and comes back with an artifact especially for cafe’s.
- Is there a way for us to facilitate or provide more structure for the conversations. Should we provide the questions? Should we provide a framework to use to structure conversation (for example, 4Qs or ITC model). Some questions are I don’t get it help me. Others are I get it and want to apply it.
- Model for cafe may be: post it so that it can become a model. Design a routine to achieve X. Design a structure for OBT learning in an organization. Maybe cafe met twice so they have two times to work on a product.
- Is the name for the cafe be the right name? Maybe Design Cafe or …..
- What works well is the open entry points for people and the leadership within the community
- Three types of cafe: classic, design and XXX
- Same voices seem to nominate topics
- How else might we end the second day both in terms of something to replace the cafe and also for the circle.
- Is there a way to bring up the energy at the end of the day. Kelvy suggests maybe containing the cafes in one area. Product may energize it. Make it fun.
- Kelvy asks if there is a way to open up the space for more learning so others can learn how to scribe. As a giving opportunity.. Sit in on LILA team’s debrief and sensemaking.Take notes during the cafe’s. Dave says the symbolism is good.